Tuesday, April 29, 2008

How do you solve your household chores?

Last weekend the faucet in my kitchen needed to be mended. On Monday morning, I was expected to leave for Cheongju so I couldn't solve it by myself. My husband doesn't want to solve that kind of household chores. He seems to have difficulties to deal with those even though he helps me well. So the faucet wasn't mended for two days . I had to call the guardhouse in my apartment complex in breaktime between classes and made an appointment on the phone to get service. It was a little annoying thing. In my house there are many trifles to be done. To pull out a dead flower in my garden and to arrange clothes in the closet and to empty waste basket......
In most cases I myself manage and solve household chores in my house.
How about you? While training here, who helps you? How do you think of it?

5 comments:

Judy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judy said...

Hi, Nature!
I think most korean women have same difficulties with their husband. Today in my classmates party, most woman teachers complained a lot about the chores.
In my case, whenever I come back home, he isn't willing to help me. Just when I stay in KNUE, he is willing to do it. He really wants to have rest on holidays. Is it fair?

Gibok-Kate said...

Hi Nature,
I'm one of those who suffer from those household chores. Last weekend I was really upset when my husband stayed home without doing anything. I was so busy doing many things alone. It was unfair, but he doesn't realize what is wrong. If my children were not in Iksan, I would not go back there on weekends.

Mars said...

Hi! Nature!
I'm very happy to meet you here. You are always very energetic and cheerful. Whenever I saw you, you always smiled brighly. Do you know how much your smiling face gave me happiness?
Since I came here, my husband has changed a lot. I thought his idea about the household chores itself changed totally. Before I came here, usually I had to take care of everything at home. I think we wives need to have creative(?) way to change the situations.

Angela said...

Hi. My lovely roomy, Nature!

It's really nice to visit your blog! Actually I should have visited your blog much earlier because you are my lovely roomy. I'm sorry for my tardy visit. Anyway, your husband is a little different from the man I have imagined. I thought that your husband might be a kind of versatile man. I know that most typical Korean husbands don't like to do house chores. And I can't say my husband is an exception. He doesn't like to do house chores, either. But he can't avoid doing some kind of house chores such as electricy related things or reparing things because I can't handle that kind of things. And fortunately my husband thinks that that kind of things are his responsibility.